Making a Will
Making a Will can be a daunting task. It is estimated that some 40% of Australians don’t have a legal will. Without a legal Will, there is no guarantee your estate will be settled as you wish. Your Last Will and Testament is therefore one of the most important legal documents you will ever sign.
While do-it-yourself Will kits are available, it is far safer to seek expert advice to ensure your Will accurately reflects your wishes, is properly drafted and legally executed. BigLaw have been advising on, drafting, and executing Wills for our clients for many years and have vast experience in this most important area of the law.
Our advice involves:
- An initial consultation to fully understand your wishes
- Advising on “mirror” husband and wife Wills
- Advising on appointment of Guardians for any children under the age of 18
- Advising on Testamentary Trusts
- Advising on Appointment of Executors
- Drafting the Will as discussed.
- Review and execution of the completed Will
- Reviewing, and where necessary, updating existing Wills due to changed circumstances such as marriage, divorce or the birth of children / grandchildren.
If you don’t have a Will, or would like to update your existing Will, we invite you to come in and see one of our friendly lawyers. BigLaw will ensure your loved ones are provided for exactly as you wish, and give you the peace of mind you need in this most important area of your financial affairs.