Care of the Children

The care and well-being of any children in a relationship is the primary consideration in any separation. Where a separation is amicable, the parents are often able to agree to what living arrangements are in the best interests of their children.

In other cases, where agreement cannot be reached, it may be necessary to seek a court ruling. Before a court ruling can be made the parties are required to participate in compulsory mediation, however some exceptions do apply. In these cases the Family Court will make a Parenting Order which specifies the responsibilities of each parent with regard to the living arrangements, and care and well-being of their children.

Often there will be situations where grandparents or a new spouse or partner may wish to be formally involved as guardians or caregivers. Big Law Pty Ltd can assist you in making application to the Court, as well as providing counsel in any of the following areas:

  • Parenting Agreements
  • Relocation of Children
  • Change of Name
  • Child Support
  • Spousal Maintenance
  • Domestic Violence
  • Child Abuse
  • Grandparents and Guardian Issues
  • Interstate and International children