Sylvia started her legal career undertaking her articles of clerkship with Biggar & Maguire, as Big Law was then known. After spending time here, Sylvia was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court in 2004. Sylvia then continued her legal career in a mid-tier, boutique city law firm for a number of years until returning to Big Law in 2015.
Since returning to Big Law, Sylvia has become a Legal Practice Director and brings experience in many commercial transactions allowing her to take a practical approach to achieve results and protecting her client’s interests.
Sylvia has experience in all aspects of Commercial/Business law including:
- Business acquisitions and sales, including acquisitions/sales of franchise businesses;
- Share/Unit acquisitions and sales;
- Shareholder/Unitholder agreements;
- Retail and Commercial Leasing;
- Commercial and residential conveyancing;
- Self-managed super fund acquisitions;
- Registration of plans and preparation of easement documentation;
- Preparation of CMS documentation; and
- General commercial document preparation.
Qualifications: Bachelor of Laws (Hons)/Bachelor of Arts from Queensland University of Technology Admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland Memberships Member of the Queensland Law Society