Big Law are pleased to announce that 2 lawyers of our team are presenting at legal conferences over the coming weeks.
Big Law, Consultant, Tony Biggar will be speaking at the 6th Annual Conveyancing Conference on recent changes to REIQ contracts, trends in E-Conveyancing and recent court devisions, including Sentinel Citilink Pty Ltd v PS Citilink Pty Ltd.
Big Law, Partner, Sylvia Lopez will be speaking at the Queensland Law Society Symposium on options available in circumstances when leases are breached. Misunderstandings persist for example on the effect of the late 2016 amendments to the Retail Shop Leases Act 1994. This session will cover the traps and pitfalls of breach enforcement.
Topics will include:
- recent amendments to the Retail Shop Leases Act 1994
- enforcement procedures and documentation
- Magistrates Court and Supreme Court jurisdictions
- insolvency, security and bond issues
- commercial realities, common objectives of landlords and tenants of commercial and retail premises – practical guidance
- commercial problem solving: example of Australian Retailers Association.
Sylvia will be presenting at this event: http://symposium.qls.com.au/
Details of Tony’s forthcoming presentation can be found here: https://legalwiseseminars.com.au/search/SeminarDetail?SessionId=WEB193Q15
At Big Law we provide holistic legal solutions to legal matters.
Information & Helpful Tips
Contact the team at Big Law and discover how our professional services can be of assistance to you.